Welcome to Farber Swim School!
We are excited to meet all of our new participants! This page contains information to get you started.
Farber Swim School started in April of 2010 by owners Adam & Kristin Farber. It is their goal to make sure you have a great experience with Farber Swim School!
Click here to read more about the owners and instructors.
The best way to contact the office is by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, since that way we can answer questions and register participants when we are away from the office as well.
Feel free to call us at the office (503) 292-1255 during our business hours. If you call us outside of our business hours, we will contact you the next time the office is open.
We will be getting a huge amount of emails and calls with Groupon members scheduling, so it may take a day or two to get back to you. Sorry for the wait! We will return your email or call in the order in which we receive them.
Our regularly scheduled lessons happen once-a-week at the same day/time and with the same instructor. We have found that participants retain the most swimming information this way, so we we would like to schedule our Groupon participants this way as well. One week sessions (4 lessons) are available during Spring Break (March 25th-28th).
We don't advertise our lesson hours on our websites since it changes every month depending on the needs of our participants. Typically, we run programs during the below hours.
Monday-Fridays: 10:00am-11:30pm & 1:00pm-7:00pm
- Lessons are 30 minutes long in our 90 degree, indoor pool
- Either 1 or 2 participants per lesson for ages 1 year and older
- Different abilities can be in a lesson together! Our instructors are trained to work with different abilities at the same time.
- If a participant is under 3 years old, we will ask a parent to be in the water as well until the child is comfortable enough with just the instructor
- We will set up participants with an instructor that will best fit their needs
- At the first lesson, the instructor will take some time to get to know the participants as well as find out what their needs are (if the participant is a child, it would be best if the parents could quickly explain the skill level to the instructor and what the goals for the lessons are)
- Our goal is to get participants comfortable and confident in the water first and then from there we work on skill development.
- Bring a towel, swimsuit, and goggles (we have extras goggles if you need to borrow a pair)
- We are located at the PDX Sports Center (aka Soccerplex) across the street from Jesuit High school on Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy. in SW Portland, (view on a map)
- When you are in the driveway, use the entrance to the building on the right. Follow the signs to the pool (keep turning right).
- Either Christiane, Claire or Nick will be working in the office on your first day and will collect your printed of Groupon receipt and your filled out registration forms & waiver.
- You will have access to our locker rooms (women's is upstairs and you can reach it from inside the pool), so you are welcome to change when you get here, or come in your swimsuits (most come in their suits). You don't need to shower before the lesson.
- After your lesson, you are welcome to sit in our 100 degree Play Pool! (hot tub)
- There are day lockers in the locker rooms (just bring a lock), or we have cubes on our pool deck that you can leave stuff in.
How to Register
- Figure out the best day and time for your lessons (mornings, afternoons, or evenings)
- Call us at (503) 292-1255 or email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Possible days and times
- Participant's names and ages
- Parent's names if the lesson is for a child
- Phone number
- Reason for lessons (fears, fitness, stroke techniques)
- Groupon number (the number under the barcode on your receipt).
- Before your first lesson, we will need a Registration Form and Waiver Form filled out for each participant and a copy of your Groupon receipt. You can email these forms in or give them to us on your first day.
Continuing with Lessons
Let us know by your 2nd or 3rd lesson if you are interested in continuing lessons with us, so that you can keep that same day and time, or let us know if there is a better day and time for you, so we can schedule you in. Click here to view the prices. If you are unable to continue, we enjoyed having you for four lessons and you are always welcome back!
Pay Your Invoice