COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Entering the Facility
- Try to limit who comes to our facility. If you have a child swimmer, try to have only 1 adult bring them, and please limit the number of siblings.
- If you or your family are not feeling well, please do not hesitate to cancel your lesson. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or have been exposed to someone with Covid-19, please stay home. Our same Cancellation Policy is in effect, and all cancellations must be made online. Feel free to email with any questions.
- Hand sanitizer is available at both facilities’ entrances, so you can enter with clean hands.
- Masks are NO LONGER REQUIRED for staff, swimmers, or guests in our facilities.
- Please remember to check in at the front desk when you arrive.
- Please adhere to the 6’ distancing policy. We have stickers on the lobby floor as guides for where to stand. The chairs on the pool deck are spaced apart for ample room.
To reduce congestion in the locker rooms, we recommend swimmers arrive in their swimsuit and then leave in them, without showering/changing.
- Have your swimmer wear a robe or loose clothing over their suit, with flip-flop/boots for easy changing.
- When they climb out of the pool, please make space for the next swimmer to enter it.
- Have one towel ready to dry your swimmer quickly, and a second dry towel or robe to drape around them for warmth. A hat or hood to cover wet hair is recommended.
Forms, Payments & Questions
To limit the number of people waiting in our lobby:
- Please fill out all forms at home (we’ll email registration forms or you can print them from our website).
- If possible, make payments using PayPal on our website, or pay over the phone at (503) 292-1255.
- As much as possible, communicate with the office via email or over the phone.
Lesson, Deck & Teacher Information
- Only healthy FSS staff will report to work at FSS.
- Baby classes will be limited to 5 swimmers max to maintain 6’ distance between swimmers.
- We will limit the Beaverton Big Pool to just 2 teachers at a time. (A 3rd may be allowed in the far deep end to practice dives, but only if it does not disrupt the other 2 lessons.)
- Please bring your own goggles from home as we will no longer provide loaner goggles. We do have Speedo Skoogle goggles (designed for ages 3-8) available for purchase in the lobby for $12.00.
We appreciate advance notice for cancellations, so we can fill open spots with drop-in swimmers. This keeps our instructors happy and busy doing what they do best – teaching! All cancellations must be submitted online. To navigate from the homepage, click the green “Scheduling” menu and select “Cancel A Lesson.” This will create a time-stamped record and help us cut down on human error.
With 48 hours notice, we can credit your account for the lesson price OR schedule a make-up lesson (maximum of two credits allowed per swimmer per month).
With 24 hours notice, we can schedule a make-up lesson.
No-shows: If you skip a lesson without telling us, this is considered a no-show and we will contact you to inquire if you still wish to continue. If you no-show to two consecutive lessons and do not respond to our inquiry, you will be removed from the calendar.
Make-ups cannot be at your regular swim time. You must have a make-up scheduled within two weeks of the canceled lesson (the lesson doesn’t have to take place within two weeks, but you must be in communication with the office about scheduling within two weeks). Cancellation policy applies to make-up lessons.
Exceptions: We do make exceptions for medical emergencies. If you can provide a doctor’s note, pharmacy receipt, or some other confirmation of a medical appointment we will be happy to give you a credit or make-up.
Late arrival: If you arrive late to a lesson, you are welcome to use the remaining time. At 15 minutes past lesson start-time, instructors are allowed to leave the pool before their next class, so they may be in the breakroom and need to be notified by an office worker that you have arrived. We do not issue credits, refunds, or make-ups for time lost due to late arrivals.
Semi-private cancellations: Price per swimmer will adjust according to the cancellation policy. For example, if your semi-private lesson partner cancels with 48hrs notice they can be credited while you will owe more for that lesson (unless you also cancel with 48hrs notice). Our office does not facilitate communication between semi-private families, so please keep your partner(s) informed of cancellations. If you need to do a make-up for a cancellation and your partner(s) do not join you, you will need to pay the difference to cover the make-up as a private lesson.
Drop-in lessons: are not eligible for make-ups, credits, or refunds regardless of notice given.
If you are signing up for a Drop-in, “Trial” lesson, Clinic, Winter/Spring Break lesson, or Special Event, payment must be made in advance to reserve your spot.
We accept exact cash, checks, and credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, & American Express).
- We cannot keep credit/debit card information on file
- You must actively pay your invoices each month
- Returned checks are subject to a $25 fee
When you are ready to discontinue your regular weekly spot, you must fill out an online exit form to confirm your intent to give up the spot. We cannot officially remove you from the schedule until the online exit form is submitted. Each family in a semi-private lesson must submit a separate form.
The regular advance-notice cancellation policy applies to lessons missed due to exiting the program. You will be billed for the lesson if your exit form gives less than 48 hours notice that you will not attend it. We cannot backdate exit forms.
We reserve the right to add, update, or change policies at any time. In the event of a policy change, we will notify you in print and/or via an e-notification.
Pool safety & etiquette
- No standing by the water’s edge,
- No dangling feet in the water,
- No crowding around the pool handrail,
- No playing with the pool equipment.
This teaches young swimmers that a pool is never to be approached carelessly or without adult permission.
Running and jumping is strictly prohibited on the pooldeck and in bathrooms. If an instructor sees unsafe or harmful behavior, they may require a swimmer to retrace their steps at a walking pace, deduct playtime from their lesson, or even dismiss them from the pool for 1–3 minutes of “time out” before continuing the lesson. Our instructors have the authority to dismiss a lesson early for dangerous or combative behavior such as hitting, kicking, biting, or throwing objects.
Swimmers should rinse off in the shower before entering the pool. This is important to avoid spreading germs. Please observe this policy and help keep your teacher healthy!
Lost & Found
FSS is not responsible for lost or damaged items. Due to the high volume of items left at our pools, items unclaimed after one month are donated to a local charity.
*If you are especially cautious about wintry weather or live in an elevated/hilly neighborhood that gets icier than the Beaverton school district area, please keep an eye on the weather forecast so you can cancel in advance if needed. We recommend erring on the side of cancelling early, as we cannot credit you on short notice if we remain open.