It’s never too late to learn how to swim! Held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, these small group classes are for adults of any background or skill level.
- Open-enrollment group classes, maximum of 4 adult students (18 years and older)
- (For private lessons instead, see here)
- Recurring weekly lessons: same day, same time, same teacher
- Split loosely into Beginner- and Intermediate-level classes (with 1 mixed class)
- 30 minutes of customized lesson content
- No pre-set sessions: you start when you want and stop when you want.
Intermediate or Beginner?
For the purposes of these classes, we define an Intermediate swimmer as anyone who can manage to swim across a pool unassisted, even if the swimming is slow or lacking technique. A swimmer not capable of this would be in the Beginner class. Many of our Beginner students start with absolutely no water skills whatsoever.
In our Wednesday night mixed-level class, the instructor divides Beginners and Intermediates into two lanes and works with each by turns.
$15 per lesson per student
With no sessions to pre-pay for, our participants pay by the month (with payment due on the 1st of the month). There are discounts available for paying 2 or more months in advance.
Click here if you would like to be added to our wait-list for swim lessons. We’ll contact you as soon as we have an opening that matches your request. Wait times can vary greatly depending on your needs and availability; our typical participant waits one to three months for a spot. Once you sign up for a class, it’s yours until you tell us otherwise. If you decide to discontinue lessons part-way through a month you’ve already paid for, you will be refunded according to the amount of notice given. See below for a list of current Adult Group Class days, times, and locations.
If you want to start right away or think recurring weekly lessons won’t work for you, try our drop-in lessons!
Adult Group Class schedule
- Tuesday 6:30pm, Beaverton location, Instructor Mark
- Thursday 6:30pm, Portland location, Instructor Momo
- Tuesday 7:00pm, Beaverton location, Instructor Mark
- Thursday 7:00pm, Portland location, Instructor Momo
- Wednesday 7:00pm, Beaverton location, Instructor Thaly
Trying us out
Wondering if FSS is a good fit for you? The easiest way to give us a try is with a Drop-in Lesson! Just choose a lesson off the webpage, contact the office, make a payment, and come swim! Then you can decide whether you’d like to get on the wait-list for a regular weekly spot.
If you’ve already been offered a regular weekly spot, you have the option to make your first lesson a “Trial”, meaning you pay in advance for a single lesson and then have 48 hours afterward to decide whether to keep the slot going forward. If you decide to keep it, we’ll put you on the calendar going forward and send you an invoice for the rest of the month. Please note that Trial lessons must be paid for in advance and are nonrefundable once purchased.
For answers to frequently asked questions (like “What if I need to miss a lesson?” or “How do you help fearful swimmers?”), click here.